Saturday, June 7, 2008

Working It Out

This is how I log my workouts. The top number is how many miles I ran. The bottom number is how many minutes I spent doing something other than running. In this case, the two 45's were 45-minute step classes I taught at work. I'd like to be doing 4-5 miles consistently by the end of June. The only thing is that I'm actually on my way to Rite Aid to get some Icy Hot for my shins. Ouch.

Usually I lift weights 3-4 days per week but that went down the tube this week since I have a 2-1/2 year old with bronchitis and ear infections. It has not been a fun week, to say the least. I usually get up at 4am to run before work but all of this week I ran in the evenings. I'm taking tomorrow off running but will be spending some time in the pool doing laps. I'm trying to teach myself to freestyle. It's a challenge since I never took lessons and I tend to breathe in while my face is in the water.

No comments: