Monday, June 23, 2008

I Hate Mondays

I hate Mondays. I know a lot of people claim to hate Mondays. But I really hate Mondays.

Mondays are my late day at work. Sometimes that means I work 10am-6pm and sometimes that means I work 11:30am-7:30pm. Today is a 7:30pm day. I hate those.

You would think that waking up at 9am would give me plenty of time to get my act together and put in my mileage on the treadmill and shower and get to work on time at a leisurely pace. Not me. For some reason, I run late every single Monday. And I still never accomplish anything before I go! This morning, for example, all I did was fold some laundry. Just fold it. I didn't even have time to put it away. I didn't have time to run. And I still ran late. I don't get it.

So then I'm driving in to work and I'm sitting there in a line of cars at a red light, waiting to turn right. I look in my rearview mirror and there's this huge blue SUV thing parked in my back seat. I used to work for an insurance company, and I've heard enough claims where people are sitting innocently at a red light and someone plows into one car, which is then pushed into the one in front of it, which is in turn pushed into the car in front of it, and so on and so forth until it's a huge mess and no one knows who started the whole thing.

I inch forward and the guy follows me. Like he couldn't bear to have more than a quarter inch space between us. I'm eyeing him through my mirror to see if I did something to piss him off and this is his method of revenge. I actually have to hunch down to see him, that's how close he is. And no he's not pissed, he's sitting there happily picking his nose. This is not a 5-year old driving the SUV, by the way, it's a grown man. Just in case you were wondering.

I keep inching forward and he keeps his front bumper right on my rear one. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with this situation. And I'm curious as to where he's going to put his booger. So when I can't possibly go any farther forward without parking myself in the back seat of the car in front of me, I actually turn around in my seat and glare at this guy.

I don't do this very often while driving. In fact, usually I avoid all eye contact because I have this strange fear of getting shot. Call me crazy, but there are some freaky people out there and you never know who might be carrying. I don't like to take any chances.

He gets the message and backs off, I make my turn and it's all good. And now I can continue with hating that today is Monday.

Oh, and he just kind of rubbed his fingers together to get rid of the booger. Because I know you were curious too.

1 comment:

Eludius said...

Crazy Butt. Oh, you said, "Call me crazy, but..." So...Crazy Butt.

Oh, and you supposed to flick the rolled up booger out the window. Otherwise you have crusties all over the floor.