Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Scream

I spent much of today feeling sorry for myself. I got about a half hour of sleep last night (I think somewhere in the ballpark of 3:30am is when I fell asleep and my alarm clock went off at 4 am). I wanted to go to Frederick to swim laps today since I won't be able to this weekend (I'll be in PA visiting the MIL)so I wanted to get the run out of the way. Especially since I slacked off last night and never got around to running. About 15 minutes into my run I had to stop because I felt like I was going to vomit. I actually wish I had, because then I might not have spent the entire morning feeling ill. I felt a little better after my usual breakfast of eggs and potatoes but then the nausea returned just in time for my step class.


Step class was brutal. This class is not given nearly enough props in the group exercise world. Once you get the moves down and you don't spend any time standing around trying to figure things out, it's a really tough workout. Our group exercise room at work has one wall that is basically all windows and the ventilation in the room is poor, at best. So with the sun pouring in through the windows and the production of body heat rising, it was sweltering in that room. I choreograph my own combos and I get bored staring in the mirror all the time so I make sure people move around a lot. Whenever we were facing the back of the room, and everyone had their backs to me I actually stopped moving and just stood there until they could see me again. And there were only 9 people in the class! That class has over 20 people sometimes!

So as if I wasn't feeling bad enough before class, by the time the step class from hell was over I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. I never throw up. The last time I puked was when I had the flu in 7th grade. I've tried to make myself throw up before when I was feeling sick but I just gag a lot. I have a funny feeling that if I had thrown up today, I would have felt much better. I spent the last half hour of my work day sitting at my desk with my chair pushed back so I could rest my chin on my desk and my monitor tilted down so I didn't have to raise my head to see it, my keyboard in front of me, just emailing random people and feeling very sorry for myself.

I went home and luckily SB was napping so I curled up on the bed and took a snooze myself. After we woke up, SB and I were getting stir crazy so we took a trip to Hunt Valley where the man teaches on Thursday nights and got some pizza and ice cream and brought it to him. Now I'm feeling much better, after a little ice cream, of course- doesn't it cure everything?!

No comments: