Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Life of a Band Wife...Part 1



This is the kind of thing I see at gigs. This is actually quite tame. I wasn't even there for this one- I had to stay home and tend to my sick child so my husband shot the pic from stage and sent it to me to show me what I wasn't missing. He was playing at the Bay Cafe, which is an outdoor bar with sand and palm trees right on the water in Canton. It's actually a really cool place, and I enjoy going there when the weather's nice. The crowd can get rowdy there but that makes it more interesting sometimes.

This woman usually shows up in biker shorts and heels. She comes with her husband to the majority of my husband's gigs and dances (it's not my husband who she follows, it's one of the bands he plays with). Apparently she dressed up for this particular occasion. Her dance moves are very interesting. In fact, I have a video below that I shot of her grinding into her husband at a book festival. May I remind you that there were children present- particularly my own! They were dancing to Big Chief by Professor Longhair- in the video the music is kind of distorted. I like how he kind of shoves her away at the end.

I'm sure she's a very nice lady but it's a little scary to see a sixty-something year old woman spread her legs and jump up into her partner's arms before jumping back down. I'll have to get a shot of that one day to show you what I mean. I actually think this lady deserves some props. I hope I'm dancing in a miniskirt in public when I'm her age. Regardless of how it looks, it's entertaining to watch.

No comments: