Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Just Saved a Bunch of Money...

It's a 45-minute trip to my mom's place from my house. Twice per week, I pile SB and myself into our gasguzzler of an SUV and make the trip to my mom's so I can have some "Me-Time" and "swim" my laps.

Entertaining a toddler for 45 minutes, then having to do it again about 2 hours later, is not an easy task. I grew up in Walkersville, MD, which is just north of Frederick. Walkersville is synonymous with Cowtown. Seriously. It's sad, but as soon as I smell the cows, I am taken back to evenings in the fall when I slept with my window open to get some "fresh" air. This might explain so many things. So as we get closer to my mother's house, SB is occupied with commenting on how stinky the cows are. But other than that, we have little to talk about.

SB's birthday is coming up in a few months and we were discussing her party. As we were talking about who would be invited, we passed a sign advertising for Geico car insurance. And of course, on the billboard was a giant gecko. So now SB is completely obsessed with having the gecko at her birthday party.

Apparently he has already accepted the invitation AND has offered to bring some pizza and ice cream, as well. Isn't that thoughtful!?

SB feels the need to tell everyone that the gecko is coming to her birthday party. I guess I don't blame her, he kind of is a celebrity!

On a completely unrelated note, tomorrow night is a gig night! TB's band is playing at the Bay Cafe again. We have a sitter lined up and everything! The bad news is that the dancers from my other post were asked to tone down their skills. Hopefully they disregard this request and hooch it up so I can get some good photos.

More later

No comments: