Friday, June 13, 2008

Super-Productive Day

I realized that many of these posts are not necessarily following the theme of the blog, as one might see it from the title. This summer is actually turning out to be a very slow summer, gig-wise for my husband. Which means less band wife action and more My Life as a Mom, Wife and Fitness Center Person. Perhaps I should change the title again to something like Fitness Diva Extraordinaire....?


Well, unfortunately, this post doesn't really have much to do with anything. This guy was parked next to my front door this morning.

I checked on him just a few minutes ago as I came in from getting the mail and he was still there, only he had moved a few inches to the left and was now upside down.

Today's been one of those days that really could have the potential of being a super-productive day, but I don't really feel like doing anything. There's a mountain of clean laundry that needs to be put away, all of SB's toys are on the floor in the living room right now and all the bathrooms are due for a scrubbing. I could go on forever. But so far today I've accomplished going to the dermatologist, sitting outside while SB frolicked around in her pool, eating inhuman amounts of Froot Loops, taking a nap, researching the mating habits of the praying mantis, and making some cookie dough before deciding I didn't need to be eating all those calories and pouring it down the sink. And I've gotten up from writing this twice to get a bottle of water from the fridge downstairs but I keep getting distracted by useless things (like getting the mail) and I still don't have my water. So I'm parched as I type.

Oh, did I mention that the man is out golfing today? That's his Friday thing. Since I'm off work on Fridays (since I work Saturdays), I stay home with SB and he goes golfing, almost every week. Yeah. Originally, the reason that I'm off every Friday was because the man taught at a local college Friday mornings. But he doesn't do that anymore. So my schedule stayed the same and his now includes a day of golf every week. That's all I'm going to say about that.

1 comment:

Eludius said...

I told my wife that she needs to love me more because I DON'T golf. She thinks I'm crazy.