Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CyberStalker

It's way past my bedtime and I'm very grumpy right now. I want to go to bed but I'm waiting for some laundry to finish so I can put it in the dryer. Because I trust NO ONE to do this for me when I'm relying on clean clothes the next day.

My excitement du jour is that I finally sucked it up and joined Face Book today. The only reason I did it was because people keep asking me. Plus I was bored out of my mind today and that filled some time.

So I filled out where I went to high school, college and where I work and all these people I might know popped up. I didn't know anyone from college- big surprise there since I was a complete recluse and went out of my way to spend as little time on campus as humanly possible. A bunch of familiar faces came up under the work category which helped pass some time.

But the really interesting thing was seeing all the people from my high school. Kids I went to school with. I'm 29 years old and for some reason I was surprised at how many of the girls were married. Jeez, what does that tell you about me being in denial about my age?! Most of them aren't even in Maryland anymore! I just naturally assumed most would stay in Walkersville. Even though there's nothing there but cows. And a goat.

The funny thing is that for some reason the one person who kept popping up everywhere, even though I didn't go to her profile or anything, was the sister of the first guy I kissed in high school. It's like she knew. And now she totally hates me and she's stalking me on Face Book even though I haven't seen either of them for over 10 years (Good Lord I'm old!). I should throw a birthday cake at her or something. I hear you can do that on Face Book.

So I spent the last 2 hours of my work day looking at everyone I knew and starting to request them as a friend then chickening out at the last minute because I was worried they'd think I was a big fat nerd with no friends. Which I am, but I'm not interested in making that public knowledge. Except to you.

No comments: