Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Believe.

Wow, three posts in one day...you lucky little devils you! Apparently I've got a lot on my mind today.

I don't consider myself a very opinionated person. I've been trying for years to force myself to take a stand on abortion, for example, but I just can't do it. I find myself arguing both sides back and forth and back and forth until I collapse into a quivering pile of indecision. There are a few things, however, that I firmly believe. And you lucky dogs get to hear what they are, in no particular order!

I believe:

-Every woman should be able to do at least 10 pushups. On her toes. (If she's really old she can do it on her knees)

-Every person, before they get their permanent drivers' licenses, should be required to do at least a 40-hour internship in all of the following: food service industry (waiting tables, etc.), retail, gas station/convenience store attendant, insurance claims service. There is so little respect in this world.

-Celebrities are artists (usually); not role models, and not gods.

-Back dimples are sexy. (Oh yes, I'm passionate about this one.)

-If a woman chooses not to breastfeed for purely selfish reasons (not wanting to have to get up at night, etc.), she should question her readiness to be a mother. But no matter what her decision or reasoning, all others should respect it without passing judgment.

-Everybody should have a wild period in their lives.

-There should be more attention given to mental health, stress and burnout in today's society.

-It's fun to make fun of someone's poor choice in clothing, but ridiculing something they can't help, like the shape of their nose or their big ears, is crossing the line.

-You shouldn't get a speeding ticket if you're the only one on the road.

-Mary Kay is a cult. But I appreciate that they don't test on animals.

-Animal testing is wrong.

-So is eating veal. There shouldn't even be a food word for what veal is. It should only be baby cow. Emphasis on the baby.

-People with ugly feet shouldn't be allowed to wear open-toed shoes in places where they serve food.

-The President of the United States should be smarter than the general public. Perhaps he/she should be required to qualify for mensa?

-It's cool if you're in mensa. It's annoying if you advertise it. On a bumper sticker on your van. And somehow end up in front of me on my way to work at least twice a week.

-Women should be able to protect themselves. But men should feel obligated to protect them too.

-It shouldn't be taboo for a married woman to have male friends. Both partners should be secure enough and there should be enough trust in the relationship for both of them to be friends with whoever they want.

-Quiet people should not be labeled as snobs.

-I can't think of a single person who wouldn't benefit from yoga. (Is that a belief? I think it can pass as one)

-Kids these days (oh lord did I really just say that?) have so much more opportunity than their predecessors, but seem lazier, more apathetic, and stupider.

-Everyone over the age of 18 should know their blood pressure, cholesterol level, and blood type.

-There is a time and a place for medication, but people tend to be too quick to rely on a pill to solve their problems- both mental and physical.

-Babies, dogs, spouses and mothers should all come with mute buttons.

No comments: