Friday, July 4, 2008

Pretty In Pink

I know that I talk a lot about going to the pool to do my laps, but that's about the most excitement I'm getting these day. It's kind of like my new hobby, and after a rough first couple of weeks (SB got sick then the weather got bad and things just kept coming up) I've been going very consistently! Even if I don't want to.

Once I started going regularly I decided I needed to be organized about it. I am a very organized person. Stop laughing. I am. And I like buying things. So I made a trip to my other bff Target and loaded up a little backpack with things like travel-sized deodorant and shower stuff, a comb, leave-in conditioner to spray in my hair afterwards since I have a serious aversion to showering anywhere but my house, and stuff like that. I bought a little shower tote thingee to put all this new stuff in. I bought a pair of flip-flops to keep in this bag so I always had something to wear out to the pool.

So basically everything stays in my "swimming bag" and all I have to do is take out the wet bathing suit when I get home and replace it with a clean/dry one. I only had 1 one-piece bathing suit so I had to go buy a couple more since I swim every other day and I'm sometimes too lazy tired busy when I get home to take the wet one out and that's just nasty.

See how organized I am? No more rushing around at the last minute to put together a bag to take while trying to get SB ready for the trip.

But I did notice yesterday one little problem with my master plan. Somehow - and this is purely coincidental, I swear - I found myself walking around the locker room yesterday surrounded by this:


I'm not a huge fan of pink. Most of the pink clothes SB had as a baby were gifts, and even now hardly anything in her closet is pink. I think I own one pink shirt, which I rarely wear. And I never do hot pink.

How embarrassing. The ladies in the locker room probably all thought I was some kind of middle school wanna-be. They were probably expecting me to walk out wearing Sketchers and booty shorts with "Princess" written across the bum and a tiara on my head, talking on my pink cell phone which would be decked out with pink fur and glittery stickers while carrying my Hello Kitty backpack, saying things like OMG and NO Way and starting every sentence with the word "like".

Like, omg, that was sooooooo totally not cool.

No comments: