Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What I Learned at Work Today

Today's my late day at work. On those days I usually spend from 2pm-4:45pm harrassing my coworkers to pay attention to me via email while surfing the net and googling random things.

Let's ignore for a minute what I might have been googling and focus on what I found. I came across a forum where a girl of unknown age was trying to figure out if she was pregnant. Apparently she didn't want any type of concrete confirmation of her pregnancy that something like, oh I don't know, a home pregnancy test would provide. She was happy with the opinion of people she has never met who read her "symptoms" over the Internet.

Anyway, this was the end of her post:

I have been experiencing the following:
- extreme fatigue
- milky vaginal discharge
- awful back pain
- increase in appetite, craving fast food/fried food
- extreme emotions
- strange dreams/nightmares
- my female cat constantly sits with me and rubs her face/head on me lovingly.

OK the first 6 bullets are basically me every day. Well, maybe not #2 so much. But I understand that when women are trying to conceive, everything becomes a pregnancy symptom. I know that you really want every single unusual thing to be a sign that you are pregnant. I get it.

But seriously- an affectionate cat? My cat used to sit next to me and rub her face/head on me constantly no matter what! And as dinner time approached, the displays of affection just increased.

So I thought that was funny. But I thought one of the replies to her post was even funnier:

Why not see a doctor??? I don't know about the loving cat..that seems a little extreme. If they don't rub up against you does that meant that your not pregnant?

1 comment:

Eludius said...

My testicles ache today. Do you think I may be pregnant?