Monday, November 3, 2008

Last 4 Days Recap

Not much excitement going on over, sorry. TB was out of town for Thursday and Friday of last week (he was playing a sold-out concert at some college in TN with a 17-piece band), so SB and I were on our own.

Thursday was SB's preschool field trip to some local farm where we took a hayride to a pumpkin patch. The last time SB chose her own pumpkin, which was a few weeks earlier, she chose one with stunning likeness to an orange. I actually picked the pumpkin up several times off the kitchen table to put it back in the fruit bowl before realizing it was her pumpkin. Because it was too small to carve, SB decorated it with princess stickers.

So this time, there weren't any pumpkins quite that small. She tried to choose a green one for her father, then decided on one with the entire bottom rotted out. Finally, with some coaxing, she settled for two small, but pumpkin-sized pumpkins. Then she fed some goats, and we went home.

Friday night we brought SB trick-or-treating for the first time ever. She didn't quite get the concept of saying "trick or treat" but she did grasp the concept of helping herself to candy very quickly.

Saturday night I went out with some friends for another belated bday celebration (but not the last- there's one more lunch coming up next week...this is the birthday that never ends!). We went between a few bars in Federal Hill. The most exciting part of the night for me was when they played my "anthem", Low. I broke out all the hot moves.

The most interesting thing about the night, besides the fact that I wore a strapless top for the first time in....maybe ever, occurred when I went to the bathroom in one of the bars. I was washing my hands when a girl tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that I had a toilet paper train on the bottom of my shoe. She said it almost apologetically, like she was being a pain for telling me. I couldn't thank her enough...there is no way in hell I'd be able to live that one down if any of my friends had caught it! I didn't even think that really happened to people!

Yesterday was a loooong day, and I don't think the time change had anything to do with it. I didn't sleep at all Saturday night so I got a quick nap from 9-10:30am then had another birthday celebration with my brother, sister-in-law and mother. Then basically we spent the rest of the day listening to SB cry and whine because she was tired because she refused to take a nap.

Well that's the past four days in a nutshell for me. Things are kind of back to normal this week, so hopefully there will be some exciting stuff for me to talk about soon! If not...well, sorry in advance.

No comments: