Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sweat+Rotten Fruit+Plastic Bag=Yuck!

Despite being a "fitness professional" who teaches an insane amount of group exercise classes per week, I don't really have any real workout shirts. Usually I just wear yoga pants and T-shirts when I work out or teach class. In fact, my workout/teaching attire comes from the same repertoire of clothes as my comfy lounging at home attire. Except the Looney Tunes boxers with the worn out butt and slit in the crotch usually stay at home.

So when I saw some groovy Nike workout shirts on sale at Kohl's I got pretty excited and treated myself to a nice shiny blue workout shirt. I wore it to teach step in one day and it worked out very nicely. It wicked sweat well. (Try saying that 3 times fast!)

Usually I tend to stay in my sweaty workout clothes until I go home, because in order to conserve laundry detergent, not to mention my dermis and epidermis, I have fallen into the habit of taking showers in the afternoons, after I get home. That way I only have to change clothes one time per day, and I'm only sweaty and stinky at work where no one can smell me over their own sweat stank. So to those of you who I know through work- yes, I actually do shower. I know seeing me walk around all sweaty all the time must spark some curiosity regarding the habits surrounding my personal hygiene, but I promise I get clean at least once per day.

Anyway for some reason, I couldn't find my special workout shirt after the one day I wore it, and I don't lose laundry very often! I mean, maybe a sock here and there, but an entire shirt? Gone for several weeks? Weird.

Today it turned up. In my clean laundry pile. With some suspicious stains on it. I swear I don't sweat brown.



I asked my husband what happened to my awesome shirt. He said he found it in the car. In a plastic bag. Wet. Along with a rotten, semi-decomposed lump of what was probably fruit, most likely a nectarine.

Ew.

So he put it in the washing machine ASAP, like a good little husband, but it still didn't get rid of the stains.

I guess I changed after class and put my wet, sweaty clothes in the plastic bag to bring home, along with a nectarine that I hadn't eaten that day. Then put it in the car and forgot about it by the time I got home and left it there. For a few weeks. In the summer.

Gross.

It will probably be a very long time before I buy another awesome workout shirt. Until then I will have to continue to impress the people who take my class with my tie-dye T-shirts that became that way because of the chemicals I use in my face soap.

Really, 30 years old?

1 comment:

Eludius said...

When do you/did you turn 30? Did we miss it?