Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stressed...and Stalling (again)

September is turning out to be one stressful month, this weekend in particular. Actually, mostly today. I'm at work right now (putting off my workout which I am sooooo not motivated to begin since I ate way too much yesterday and feel like a fat blob right now) until 1pm. Then I have to rush home so the family can leave in time to make a birthday party at 1:45. Then after the party I have to rush downtown to support my friends on the Dragonboat team since today's their big race. Hopefully the race won't be over by the time I get down there. Then after that I get to rush home since TB has a private gig tonight that he has to leave around 5ish for and someone has to be there to watch SB. Then sometime during all this I have to start preparations for SB's birthday party tomorrow. Also, today's my father's birthday (70!!!!!) which means I have to call him, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't always remind me of the pathetic relationship we have.

So far for her party I have everything except the main meal and other small things that require refrigeration. And the cake, but that's already been ordered. I think we're going to do a deli platter, I just have to go out tomorrow morning and get all the fixins for it. I hate doing stuff last minute like that but I guess with a normal sized refrigerator and our eating habits, it can't be helped.

I had fun yesterday buying a gaggle of party favors. Spongebob Squarepants party hats, Scooby Doo noisemakers, Elmo bouncing balls, paper princess tiaras, and all sorts of goodies. It's not quite a kids' party since there will probably be more adults there than kids, but I did want to give the kids something to play with and take home. Plus there's a moon bounce. I think that's why about half the people are even coming.

This Thursday we leave for the beach, which means Wednesday will be crazy busy for me and SB, especially since that's her ballet/tap lesson night. She just started last week, and yes, it is by far the funniest thing I have seen in my entire life. There will be many posts about this, complete with many pictures and videos. So stay tuned for that.

I need to schedule SB's 3-year old doctor visit, as well as my own 30-year old doctor visit, before we leave, and make sure Koko the dog has reservations at the vet for while we're away.

Then once we get back the craziness begins again with planning for my brother's wedding, which is 10/4 (yes they did that on purpose, the whole 10-4 thing, they are both big fat nerds). SB is a flower girl in his wedding, and - what? I didn't show you the photo? OMG! Well here it is:

Yeah, I actually produced that!

And some time between our return from the beach and my brother's wedding SB starts preschool. Crazy! We're pretty much there with the potty training thing, which is awesome. She's only really had one accident, and it was very obvious from the look on her face that she really thought she had diapers on. So she understands the concept. Now if she could only stop waking up in the middle of the night asking us to use the potty.....But anyway the only thing we need to work on is her sharing. Her favorite phrase now (besides Dancing Potato- where on earth did she get that??) is NO, it's MY turn, even when it's not.

Anyway, after my brother's wedding I get about 2 weeks of calm before we have to start planning for TB to take a trip to TN with a band he was hired to play with, then come home and leave almost immediately for a trip to NO with me. And The Band. Which is how I will spend my 30th birthday.

Then we get a few weeks before the Thanksgiving/Christmas craziness starts. Whew!

No comments: