Saturday, September 6, 2008

Seriously?

OK Why am I here? There's a freakin monsoon outside (OK, a tropical storm) named Hanna and a nice warm EMPTY bed at my house. It's 12:17 and I was given the go-ahead to close early today, but my gym is packed with people socializing. There is one lady on a treadmill and one guy moaning as he lifts weights that are obviously too heavy for him since his form is pathetic and he is using more momentum than strength. Then there is a little clique of two girls and a guy sitting around the chest fly machine talking about playing Rock Star on the Wii or whatever other newfangled gaming device that I will never own.

Why are they doing that here? Can't they go down the road to Don Pablo's to have this conversation over chips with queso blanco and margaritas? Wouldn't that be more fun anyway? Sometimes I honestly think that people believe that they will be fitter and healthier just by going to the gym. Not necessarily by working out. But simply by showing up. I'm burning more calories typing this rant than they are right now. I really want to kick them out, but noooooooo I'm the nice girl who stayed open during gusty winds and heavy rain. Dumbass.

One of the girls even made the comment that she hasn't been here since February. What the HELL possessed her to choose today, of all days to jump start her fitness regime? Would it really affect her that much to wait until Monday? And she came in here and said to me, "I was really hoping you would be closed." That makes two of us lady, and we would be if you hadn't showed up!

And none of the people here are regular Saturday people.

Bah, I'm in a terrible mood right now. I have a headache and I'm exhausted from my workout this morning, which involved attempting a full-body lifting workout since I slacked on Friday and didn't do jack. Yet I still have to run later today and I'm not sure exactly when I will have the time to do that since I can't run outside since I'd probably get blown away, and I can't run on the treadmill while SB naps. And TB has a private gig downtown tonight that he has to leave butt-early for, but not before going to the dealership to pick up and pay $700 for the truck that died last night---

HOLY CRAP SOMEONE IMPORTANT HATES ME, A COMPLETELY NEW PERSON JUST CAME IN TO WORK OUT AND IT'S 12:30 WHY OH WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME? I COULD HAVE CLOSED AT 10. I SHOULD HAVE CLOSED AT 10. I OFFICIALLY HATE WORKING SATURDAYS NOW. NEXT TIME I'M KICKING EVERYONE OUT AS SOON AS I GET THE OK TO CLOSE.

Ugh. Why don't people have consideration for others? I know we're supposed to be open until 1pm but I would feel really bad coming in to a fitness center at 12:30, being the ONLY PERSON working out (yes, everyone else just left) and knowing that the staff person is only staying for me. Even if they weren't only staying for me I would never go into a fitness center to begin my workout a half hour before they close.

Coincidentally, this is the same guy that I posted a pic of a few weeks ago just standing behind the bike and watching tv. Not even working out. And he is doing that right now. He just walked out of the locker room, did 2 pull-ups and is now standing in the middle of the gym with his arms crossed watching tennis. TENNIS! I should turn the channel to the local news station that is talking all about how everything is closing because of the weather so he realizes that I should get home before my car is engulfed in torrential downpour or blown away or something and I'm stranded here for life.

I would be totally pissed if that happened.

1 comment:

Eludius said...

You should have put a sign up that the gym would be closing early. And then stand at the door with your bag over your shoulder. Then check your watch every 20 seconds.