Thursday, September 4, 2008

Single Momhood

Since my husband and I pretty much work opposite hours, and are no more than mere Strangers In The Night (exchanging glances...Strangers In The Night...what were the chances?...), I often consider myself pretty much a single mom during the week. It's a very lonely existence and I have to be careful to bide my time and not depend on friends too much so they don't get sick of me and SB pretty much imposing on their personal lives. So I need to maintain a certain sense of humor and find amusement in the little things in life.

Like this:

Such studious children. That's totally how my kids will be. Once they can read. And once the little one is real. If there is going to be another little one.

Today I was at Target buying $47.85 worth of potty training essentials -extra fitted sheets for the mattress, extra "big girl pants" (it's been 2 days in the big girl pants and so far not one accident! Am I awesome or what? Yes, it's totally me, not her)- and socks for SB and nothing for me when I realized all I had eaten all day was a south beach bar at 4am, eggs and potatoes at 8am and a yogurt and nectarine at noonish. The approximate time of this realization was 7:30pm, and my next stop was......Giant. All of a sudden I was famished. Yes, that was the order: Huh...no food in a while...then hunger. Not the other way around. Not to mention that Giant is the absolute worst place for me to be when I'm starving. Or even remotely hungry. Or bored.

But I had the shopping list from TB on my phone so I had to go. It wasn't too bad, this was the only real damage:

I'm not sure what exactly was so appealing to me about 2 sugar cookies sandwiched around cake frosting then rolled around in sprinkles. (And I'm really not sure why my hand looks like a freakin baseball mitt) It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now that the moment is over, I might be regretting inhaling it after dinner. I blame my parents for this horrible sweet tooth. If there's a cheating gene, there has to be a sweets-craving gene.

And now it's time for SB's bath, despite her claims that "It's never time for bath time!"

No comments: