Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Six Years!!

Yesterday was my six-year wedding anniversary. Very weird. While driving to pick SB up from preschool, my husband commented that six years ago, at that time, we were running around putting out fires before the wedding. I looked at the clock. It was 11:15 am. Our ceremony started at noon. I replied that I didn't know about him, but I was busy putting my dress on at that time. I wasn't putting out any fires. Then after a moment's pause, I said that at this time tomorrow, six years ago, we'd be on our way to Aruba. I liked that memory better than the thought of putting on my dress.

In February, we will have been together for 10 years. A full decade. That blows my mind. In a lot of ways, it seems like we've been together for much longer. But to think that you've been doing something for 10 years, like driving, voting, working full-time...it's just weird. Weird, I tell you!

I turn 30 next month, and I'm having mixed emotions about that. I don't feel almost 30. I still feel about 26. But having a 3 at the beginning of my age puts me outside of my comfort zone. It's not old, by any means, but it's 30. A whole new decade. I'll be in a whole new age class. It will be to my advantage when I run 5Ks, but not so much at other times.

I know it seems like I'm stressing out about it. I'm really not. I'm just thinking. I had said that by the time I was 30 I wanted a master's degree (check) and I wanted to be finished with having kids (uh, check? Maybe? I don't know!). So does that mean I have to set new goals for by the time I'm 40? Wow, 40. Now that's scary.

No comments: