Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stressful Weekend Recap

So what turned out to be one of my busiest weekends all year is finally over. It's Tuesday, I know, but it took me most of yesterday to recover.

Working here on Saturday morning was completely lame, we had 3 people all day and the last person stayed here until the last possible second which always pisses me off. I spent most of the day expecting to leave early so it was that much more irritating for me this time around.

The Dragonboat team kind of won. Apparently in the last race there was an issue with paddles touching so a penalty was awarded, but it wasn't, but they decided to be co-winners because it was the politically correct thing to do. I went with my friend Bucky (see wedding bag photo below) and she spent the entire time complaining about how hot it was and how much she was sweating. Then she spent the entire ride home telling me that she's going to vom. Where do I find these people? I was a little disappointed to find out that our team (I say our like I'm actually on the team....or like I actually work for the company the members of the team work for...) didn't win the chant competition.

Honestly, the judges must have been on crack. How could this not win??


And they even stretched beforehand! The girl laughing on the left, who you may or may not know, is basically a physical representation of my reaction to the entire notion of pre-chant stretching.



The next day was SB's party. Here are some highlights:

-The moon bounce was a complete success. I now know how to ensure we look like we have tons of friends at the rest of our parties. I also now know that my friends are amazingly flexible:




And some, not so much.......



-Single Friend from old job made an appearance and sparked much debate among current friends of her pregnancy status. She just recently moved in with her boyfriend of 2 years, and has not said a word about being pregnant or trying to get pregnant or anything like that. You be the judge.


-I learned that when wearing party hats, little ones should never sit in your lap. At least not unless you need a discreet way to pick bats out of the cave. Or a not-so-discreet way.


-My Russian Mafia next door neighbor dropped off a bunch of presents for SB, including this creepy doll that SB promptly named "Angoon" and calls her sister. Angoon stands almost as tall as SB and walks on her own without batteries. She creeps me out.

1 comment:

Eludius said...

Wow, it's Bucky? The whole time I was calling her Becky. Now I feel silly.