Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Post

How come no one else in the blogging world ever seems to post on a weekend? Am I that big of a nerd that I actually have time during my time off from work to post? Interesting...

This weekend was an interesting one. It was SB's grand debut as a flower girl in my brother's wedding. Needless to say, she completely stole the show. Never mind how ridiculously cute she looked, even with her Frankenstein scar running down her left cheek (she fell face first into a wall Monday night). She was all about staying with the "princesses" (aka bridesmaids) because "that's where she belonged" all day. The dance floor was hers. When she wasn't dancing with the princesses, or participating in the conga line, she was doing a solo dance to Baby Got Back on the dance floor. Oh yes. She was definitely getting down with her bad self.

The ceremony started at 1pm (or was supposed to but ended up starting about a half hour late), which is the same time as SB's nap time. Surprisingly, the only time she acted up was when the bride and groom had their first dance, SB started screaming that it was HER turn on the dance floor. It took a while to calm her down, but blowing bubbles with grandpa helped, and she was soon back to her cheery self. Everyone there, including my brother and his wife, agreed that it was really SB's show. No one cared that she only threw one handful of flowers, then stopped to pick them all up and put them back in the basket before continuing down the aisle.

I had kind of been dreading the whole wedding in general. It was about an hour and a half away, outside with portapotties, and both my parents were to be present. My mom and dad together- not a big deal. They're civil to one another. But the awkwardness arises when you put my mom and my stepmom in the same room, especially when my half-brother is there as well. The last time this happened was at my wedding in 2002, but there were a lot more people there, and the place was much bigger- so there was more of a buffer then.

Everything worked out well, though. The wedding went without a hitch, everyone seemed to have fun, and most importantly, my brother seemed happy.

No comments: