Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Lost Day

When I ended my last post, I think it was just before noon and I was waiting on the 12:30pm flight to take me to Philly before catching a flight home to Baltimore. Luckily, I did get on that flight and made it to Philly. We then were lucky enough to have a 2-hour layover in Philly where we took full advantage of the $40 worth of airport food vouchers given to us by the apathetic airline representative who had for some bizarre reason put us on standby for the 7:30am flight instead of booking us tickets, and decided to have dinner at Friday's. Where I indulged in this.



I'm not a big drinker. And this was a big drink. But it produced the desired effect of a slight buzz, which helped me get through the 30-minute taxi to liftoff that preceded a 20-minute flight. It also helped me commence RUI- Rolling Under the Influence. I kept smacking the little rolling suitcase we used as a carryon into random objects like walls. In fact as we were preparing to board the plane to Bmore, I smacked into the wall and the suitcase got stuck on one of the supports for the railing. I backed up and tried again and got stuck again. Tried one more time and finally TB helped me free myself, giving me his patented dimpled eye roll, meaning I was doing something characteristically stupid.

Anyway, we got home at 9pm Monday night. If all had gone according to plan, we should have been home by 11am. That's a 10-hour delay. We were stuck in freaking airports for 10 hours longer than we were supposed to be. That's almost an entire day.

Don't they realize that I'm 30 now- every day is precious to me because I don't have many of them left. They are numbered, and I basically was raped by US Airways of one of my precious days.

That's messed up.

No comments: