Thursday, October 9, 2008

NO?...No?

Remember a while back when I announced that I will be celebrating my 30th birthday in New Orleans? I'm not sure if I ever went into details about it, but the plan was that I would get to tag along with The Band to NO since they have some sort of a gig there the night before my birthday. I've never been, so it would be an interesting trip, and more importantly- one without SB. Our first, ever. Well, since she's been born, that is.

The original plans were to leave on Friday then come back on Sunday. Not too big of a deal. But now the plans seem to be to leave Friday night and come back Monday morning. Which would involve me trying to take that Monday off. Which I'm not too excited about doing. I just used a bunch of my vacation days when we went to the beach, and will be using a bunch at the end of October, when TB is away in Nashville for a gig (with another band). If I use another day then that would leave me with precious few days left- a chance I don't want to take in case someone gets sick or an emergency arises.

And to come back Sunday night, the plane ticket goes from $175 to $400. Not a good thing.

So now we're not sure if the NO thing is going to happen for me. If it doesn't, I'll spend my 30th birthday weekend home alone with SB.

I also tried to nail down a date when I could round up some friends for a local celebration of my entering a new decade of life but it seems that there is no good date for that- either TB's playing or I have to work the next day or my closest friends wouldn't be able to make it. Plus it's getting kind of close to the time so the longer we wait, the more unlikely it is that people would be able to attend or that we'll be able to get a sitter.

Bummer. Oh well, I guess that means more cake for me!

No comments: