Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vive La Musique!

Just a quick post from NOLA while TB is in the shower.

After two delayed flights, we arrived in NOLA around 11pm. Ater settling into our hotel room we decided to try a taste of the local culture by getting a late dinner at one of the local restaurants famous for LA home cooking. So we went across the street to Applebee's.

Right now it's around 12:30 here, and so far today we had cereal and fruit salad for breakfast at the hotel's breakfast bar, then a Smoothie King smoothie after our morning workout. I feel really good that we're not holding back, and we're trying all these new and different things. Just imagine- if we were still in Baltimore right now I probably would have had Kashi GoLean cereal for breakfast, instead of Raisin Bran, we would have gone to Chili's instead of Applebees, and I would have had an Odwalla Super Protein bar after my workout instead of a Smoothie King.

I hope my stomach can handle all of this unusual cuisine.

OK enough joking around. As soon as TB gets out of the shower we're heading out for a truly native meal at a recommended restaurant downtown, then tonight, after The Band's gig I think we're headed out for a late night in the French Quarters.

The only bummer is that back home in Baltimore, there's a no smoking in bars law that was recently passed. They don't have that here. So I will probably be showering at 4am to get the smoke out of my hair.

So one more note before I sign off- I just realized that I am celebrating my 30th birthday by spending the weekend in NOLA with 7 boys. Very nice. I will be pointing that out for a long time to anyone who will listen....

Au revoir!

1 comment:

Eludius said...

There's the problem with your marriage. You're in New Orleans. Your husband is in the shower. And your on the computer blogging.