Wednesday, October 1, 2008

100th Post!

Woo hoo! Actually if you look to the right, it says 96. But I guess that's not counting 4 that I deleted, or that never made it up. Maybe one day, friends.

There are a lot of thought fragments floating around in my mind right now so I'm not sure how much sense this post will make, or how much fluidity there will be so please bear with me.

First of all I'd like to apologize for my last post about 143. I was posting from work, and about halfway through the post I got distracted and pretty much lost interest in what I was saying. Which was then reflected in my lack of thought on the subject of Security Guy professing his undying love for me. So I'm sorry for my short attention span. Unfortunately, that happens a lot to me, in everyday conversation. I'm not kidding, I'll lose interst in something I'm saying halfway through the sentence, and just shut off. Why waste my breath? It drives my husband bonkers when I do that. Although sometimes I tend to make...........

Secondly, I learned tonight at dance class (SB's, not mine) that there is no class next week because of the holiday and I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I'm really kind of bummed about that. I've really taken to dressing SB up in her little pink tights and pink leotards and putting her shoes on her and sitting in the waiting room laughing along with all the other parents. It's almost the highlight of my week. Stupid holiday.....

I should be running right now, but I have half a Chik Fila milkshake sitting in my tummy, and that would not be very pretty splayed all over the treadmill. Or bouncing around in my belly. Speaking of bouncing, I took a bootcamp cycling class today (unplanned). Apparently the class was small and majorly lacking in estrogen. So my co worker Chris, who knows me very well, came out of the room to tell me that one of the participants was talking trash about me and I better get in there and prove him wrong. I was confused for a minute- today was my day to do high intensity intervals on the treadmill. Not take a bootcamp cycling class. I don't even really like cycling anyway. But Chris is very smart and he knew the 2 things that would make me take class: a challenge, and the potential of being the only girl in a roomful of sweaty guys. I had fun in class! But I remembered why I stay away from these bootcamp/sports drill types of class- too much jiggling around for this girl to take!

As we all know, I have a lot of hard. I work hard for my hard and I'm proud of it. But as LPP so kindly pointed out (then later tried to blame on the alcohol plus his lack of seriousness in general conversation), I have some squishy on top of my hard. And when you're bouncing around from side to side as fast as you can, that squishy moves around. I'm not sure how it looked to anyone watching- I was, after all wearing a regular t-shirt. But it felt icky to me. There might have been some chafing involved, especially in my rear end.

And speaking of my rear end (because who can get enough of my rear end??), remember that guy who made the comment to me about "that fine little ass of yours" in front of a co-worker friend of mine? Well today he was sitting on the recumbent bicycle closest to the door to the fitness center. I had to email some documents to a friend (who just happened to be the same friend who heard him talk about my fanny) to print out because my color printer was inaccessible today because they were working on the floors in the hallway. So Work Friend delivers the documents, one of which is a sign that was to replace one hanging right near the doorway.

So I took the old sign down and put up the new one. I stood back and looked, and of course, it was crooked. I'm the worst when it comes to hanging things straight. So I go back to fix it. And repeat that process several times. While I'm adjusting the sign, which requires reaching up and standing on my tippy toes, I suddenly get the creepy feeling that I'm being watched.

Not just watched. But ogled.

I hurry to finish the job, get the ok from the onlookers that it looks ok, and hurried back to behind the desk.

As soon as Work Friend left, I shot him an email.

Me: Were you watching AssMan?

WF: Yup.

Me: Was he looking?

WF: Yup.

I knew it! Guys are so freaking bold! But wait...guys? WF was a guy! And so were the other 3 people in the fitness center at the time....I continued to interrogate WF.

Me: Was he alone?

WF: Nope.

Me: Ha! I knew it! Piece of meat, I tell you.....

As much as I'd like to see it as a compliment, I just have to stand by my belief that most guys will ogle at anything with two legs, butt cheeks and a vagina.

No comments: