Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Weekend: Highlights and Lowlights

Lowlight: Friday night I accidentally brushed my teeth with SB's Oral B Phases Winnie the Pooh bubble gum toothpaste. The only part of my mouth that felt clean was the roof. The rest just kind of felt dry and sticky. Note to self: Get SB some new toothpaste. Poor girl.....

Highlight: The Man came to visit me at work on Saturday morning, which made the day go by much faster. I needed it; not a single person came into the Fitness Center for pretty much the entire first hour.

Lowlight: This is how the two last people in the gym spent their last few minutes before closing. Meanwhile, I was grinding my teeth and wondering if these people had TVs in their homes they could watch. I mean, they were both just standing there. I know it looks like the one guy is sitting on a bike, but he was actually standing behind it with his foot up behind the seat. And it wasn't anything exciting, like Michael Phelps winning his 8th gold medal- it was women's badminton. And neither of the players were even American. Lame.



Highlight: Saturday evening the family took a trip to nearby Hunt Valley. On the way home, we passed some horse farms and stopped to let SB get a close look.



Lowlight: This guy felt the need to scratch his butt HARD on the fence. The horse was much stronger than the fence, which caved to scary lengths under the weight of the horse's rear end.



Highlight to the Lowlight: At least one of the horses didn't sneeze on me and get grass snot all over my shirt like last time we stopped....



Another Lowlight (or Highlight): Somehow, and I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of how this happened, I managed to bite my own finger (HARD)while yawning. This could be seen as a highlight, since there's a very good chance I'm the only person in the world who could do this unintentionally.

Highlight: Today we went to a local farm that used to be the Enchanted Forest. It was pretty cool! It had tons of giant scenes from well-known nursery rhymes, a playground, a petting zoo and pony rides. The weather was perfect and the price was right ($4.50/person).

Lowlight: SB threw a tantrum when told it was time to go, so I had to go into this little hut to carry her out. I am short but I am not a dwarf so I smacked my head on the doorframe on my way out. I think my husband got a kick out of it although he tried to hide his laughter.



Highlight to the Lowlight: We had bought some ice cream to cool down with and after about 3 bites, SB decided she didn't want her Oreo Ice Cream Bar anymore, she wanted to go play in the Dwarf House. Bmore Mama scored herself an extra half an ice cream bar!

Lowlight: One of my two guinea pigs died today. Sadly, there is no highlight to this....

No comments: