Monday, August 11, 2008

Body Worlds


Last night, my husband and I had the opportunity to have another date night! So that's two so far this year! We decided to head down to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and check out the Bodyworlds 2 exhibit at the science center. Because nothing says romance like a bunch of petrified cadavers with the skin ripped off, frozen in various poses! (This photo on the left was taken from the Body Worlds website, and was not part of the exhibit that I saw.)

It was actually an interesting exhibit. It kind of put things into perspective that learning from textbooks and even movies couldn't do. The most interesting part for me was the nerves. For some reason, they never really clicked until I saw them on these plastinates. Now I have a better perspective on how, when someone has sciatica, it can affect certain movements.

The lady at the ticket booth had advised me that the exhibit could take anywhere from 1-1/2 to 3 hours to walk through. We kind of hurried through because our parking meter was due to expire after about 2 hours. We ended up finishing in about an hour. So we decided to walk around the Inner Harbor since it was such a gorgeous evening.

We got some frozen yogurt before heading back to the car. Since we had another hour or so of babysitting services, we stopped by Tony Roma's for a salad before heading home. I know, we did dinner and dessert in reverse, but it was a rare date night so we were permitted.

So yeah, not exactly the epitome of excitement. But it was a nice relaxing end to the weekend. I took the day off work today, just because, and it's another gorgeous day so we'll probably spend lots of time outside.

No comments: