Thursday, August 28, 2008

On Second Thought...

...maybe I wouldn't make a good pastry chef. I'm pretty sure pastry chefs need to be able to decorate, at least semi-competently. As in write Happy Birthday in loudly colored foodstuffs. I obviously am greatly lacking in skill in this area, as evidenced by this disaster:

Tomorrow is a co-worker's birthday so I tried to personalize his cake. This was even after I tested the icing on my request form for vacation days I'm taking next month. It looks like someone tried to stab it to death, with bright red blobs everywhere on it.

I'm not sure exactly what happened with that second P. It looks more like a chili pepper. Or like it has horrible edema. After that explosion I was laughing so hard that I had to get someone else to come in and do the rest. So I am responsible for HAPP.

Here are just a few of the incredibly supportive and encouraging comments that I received regarding my artwork:

-Don't quit your day job.
-Stick to step.
-Wow, you did that? I thought maybe you let SB write on the cake.
-You should have asked me to do it.
-Cake decorating is definitely not at the top of the list of potential alternate careers for you.

I still laugh every time I look at that picture. It might be my new desktop. At least the cake tasted good.

No comments: