Monday, August 11, 2008

My Day Off

As I mentioned in my last post, I took today off from work. I wanted today to be a relaxing yet productive day. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish. This included:
-Going for a run outside- a leisurely run that didn't end with my wishing I could puke
-Lifting weights- today was an upper body day
-An abs workout- I tend to neglect them

OK so maybe this was a selfish list. But I wanted to feel good about myself today, not feel like a sloth like I tend to on my days off. And I wanted to do these things without guilt and without rushing.

So after waking up with SB at around 7am and listening to her whine for 2 hours, I was able to sneak off and get in a good upper body workout at the gym. I headed home and we all went to the park.

I am a very hands-on parent, as you can see below.


We went home, napped, and then I went for my run.

I've been running a lot lately but it's all been on the treadmill. My goal today running outside was to take my time and just enjoy the nice weather and not really push myself. I thought it would be a good idea to take the dog with me. Because she needs exercise too.

So for the first mile, this was my view:

After the first mile-long loop, the poor thing was getting tired out so I dropped her off at home and continued on the remainder of the three miles alone.

I ran into the Crazy Man who lives around the corner. He's kind of creepy. When SB was little, I mean really little, I walked her around the neighborhood in her stroller like a madwoman. We'd go for hour-long walks every day. Partially because I was stir crazy and partially because I needed the exercise. Babies have the strangest tendency to lose their socks. Even if they're fast asleep and the socks fit perfectly, when she wakes up, somehow one little foot is bare.

So Crazy Man apparently found SB's sock. He asked if it was ours, and I said no, because he scares me and I didn't want to have to go near him to get it. So then he sticks it on his front porch. So for the next month or so, every time we passed his house, we would see this single baby's sock sticking up out of one of the banisters on his porch. Weird.

Anyway, after dropping the pooch off at home, all I had to concentrate on was the sounds of my awesome running shoes on the sidewalk.


All in all, a very relaxing day. I should really take more days off!

No comments: