Sunday, August 24, 2008

Martha Stewart and Birth Control

I decided that since SB is practically 3, she's probably old enough to start helping me make fun stuff in the kitchen. So when I saw a cook book geared towards fun kids' meals at Barnes & Noble yesterday on sale for $8, I went for it. I also got her a little set that contained a pink chef's hat, apron, oven mitt, wooden spoon and rolling pin.

So this morning I went to Giant and bought some of the ingredients needed for a couple of the recipes. The bad thing about it is that now I have sitting on my counter the following temptations: a bag of Reese's cups, a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips, chocolate cake mix, a tub each of vanilla and chocolate frosting, a bag of mashmallows, and a box of Nilla Wafers. And in my fridge is a log of chocolate chip cookie dough. Talk about testing my willpower!

We tried the easier of the two recipes today. SB did ok with her part but ran away when I had to turn on the mixer. Basically this recipe involved mashing together cream cheese, cherry preserves, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, putting that in the fridge to harden somewhat (which didn't happen for some reason), then sandwiching it between two Nilla Wafers for a little cherry cream cheese cookie burger.

This is as far as we got:


SB took one bite and decided she didn't like it. Great. Hopefully TB will because I'm not eating the entire batch! Maybe I can bring it to work for the boys to devour. The cheese stuff would make a good fruit dip, though.

On a completely unrelated note, I officially hate Yaz. I heard nothing but good stuff about it so I asked for it at my last girly doctor visit. Ever since I've been on it, I've alternated between bleeding for 2 weeks straight and spotting for 2 weeks. I'm sick of it. So no more bc. At all. And that's all I'm saying about that. Ask me any questions and you'll get the Blank Stare.

No comments: