Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And What's More

is that I'm stuck at work for another 2 hours and this guy is in here who has been nursing the same freaking annoying cough for the past 3 weeks. At least. It's not an erratic cough. In fact, I've been timing it, and he coughs one time every 2-7 seconds. Just one time. Then again 2 seconds later. Then again maybe 6 seconds later.

You get the picture.

I'm all for working out when you have a cold, if you feel up to it. But to cough just once every 2-7 seconds is quite possibly THE MOST IRRITATING THING IN THE UNIVERSE. Especially when you do it in a gym. Where you really don't have to be.

And the person who is stuck listening to you and timing you doesn't have the option of putting on headphones and drowning the sound out. For the entire 2-hour duration of your workout.

And when you don't cover your mouth.

Can't you just stop for a minute, take a deep breath and get all the coughing out of the way so I don't have to hear it for a whole minute? Is that possible?

And why do you have this annoying cough for so long? It almost sounds like he's trying to suppress it, but can't help it and coughs. DON'T SUPPRESS IT! Get it out of your system!

When I make popcorn in the microwave, the instructions say to stop it when there are 3 seconds between pops. So when it gets close to when it should be ending, I start counting seconds between pops to see if I can get to 3.

If this guy were popcorn, he'd still not be ready. He's on the treadmill now, and coughing once every 1.5 seconds. This is absolutely ridiculous. Since he's been here and I started playing the popcorn game, I have yet to reach 10.

So, with all this irritating, annoying crap going on in my life right now, I'd be willing to bet there will be another post in about an hour or so about The Spawn.

Can't wait.

No comments: