Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pensive Family

OK So I don't have the cold from hell. I have a horrible sinus infection, complete with massive congestion, bronchitis and even a touch of cojunctivitis. I feel like SpongeBob in the episode where he got the Ick and was basically a walking ball of green gook.

Anyway, given the circumstances, I feel like I've been a trooper. I might have complained a bit, but I've been working every day, being a mom every day, and doing stuff around the house whenever I have the energy.

Despite all this, I couldn't let a comment made by my dearest husband yesterday go un-blogged. He said to me,

"The only thing worse than a pregnant wife is a sick pregnant wife."

Such compassion.

Anyway, after I gave him a Look, he quickly said that's not how he meant it. Which I believe. He knows better.

But it should still go up there in our book of awesome parenting quotes by SB's Mom and Dad, along with "Suck! Lick! Don't bite!", the contradicting "Big girls don't suck," and my favorite, "If you want to get high, ask Mommy or Daddy."'

We are definitely a family that thinks before we speak.

No comments: