Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And Here's 2009.

Isn't it weird how nothing can really be going on, but so much is happening? I don't have much interesting stuff to report. The holidays were lame. SB and I were sick for pretty much the entire duration. She started out with bronchitis, diagnosed at our 3rd doctor appointment over the course of a week on Christmas Eve. Then one week after she completed her round of antibiotics, we brought her to Patient First only to be told that she now has tonsillitis, and must start a whole new round of a different antibiotics.

My illnesses were never diagnosed officially, but the cough that started a few days before Christmas is still lingering and I went back and forth between days of feeling bad and days where I felt like HELL. For the 3 or 4 days surrounding Christmas, I ate nothing but cream of potato soup. 3 times a day- breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not sure that really helped anything, but it was the only thing that was appetizing to me.

People have still been annoying the living crap out of me. I can't tell you how many people asked me what I did for New Year's Eve, just seconds after I informed them that the family was sick throughout the entire holiday break. As a matter of fact, I took my daughter out, thinking the cool air would do her 104 degree fever some good. My husband played with the Allmighty Senators, so I dragged my sick 3-year old down to the Inner Harbor to stay up all night with the masses and see them. I let her crowd surf and drink champagne at midnight, too. What- is that weird?

Why would people think that we suddenly got better just in time to ring in the new year? We went to bed around 9pm after taking our respective medicines (SB took her Motrin and I took my cough suppressant) and slept like matching mom and daughter logs until I was awakened at midnight by a plethora of "Happy New Year" texts buzzing from my cell phone.

So I'm still in a chronic bad mood. I think it's partially the cold weather and short days, partially the fact that I've cut my exercise back by more than half, and partially the fact that I come into contact with a lot of morons and annoying people over the course of an average day. Mostly the last one. Hopefully whatever this dark cloud hovering over my life is will soon pass and everything will go back to normal.

No comments: