Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Colored People and Christ Quality Control

SB goes to preschool 3 days per week. Every day she comes home with a daily report detailing what they studied or worked on that day, and which activities SB participated in and enjoyed.

I am pleased, after looking at a recent report, to know that her preschool encourages racial integration, as they considered it a memorable moment when my daughter "worked with the colored people."



Now they just have to update their archaic language to include more politically correct terms.

We didn't really do much to celebrate Valentine's Day. We usually don't. But we both found ourselves available on Friday morning while SB was at preschool, so we went out to breakfast to "celebrate." TB later brought me shopping for some jewelry, but the only thing I'm really interested in is an anniversary band to replace my engagement and wedding rings. I've been looking for something more simple since I never wear my rings when I work out or teach classes. This results in me rarely even wearing my rings to work for fear I'll misplace them.

The anniversary bands were all too expensive for my taste, especially since we'd like to move before the summer, so I didn't get anything. But I felt kind of bad that we didn't really get much of a celebration so on Sunday night I was ordering some pizzas to feed the family and a friend of TB, and I ordered this for TB:



I'm such a romantic. But it was extra special, because I later found that the pizza experience was managed by none other than Christ, himself.

No comments: