Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Band Wife or Divorcee?

In case you're wondering why I haven't much been discussing the Band Wife aspect of my life as a Band Wife, it's been a slow couple of months. My husband, both with and without The Band plays much fewer gigs during the winter, and the few that he does play are mostly private jobs that I can't attend.

That being said, he's playing this Friday night at the Recher Theater in Towson with the All Mighty Senators, a funk group who he played and toured with back in the day, before he and I got together. Also on the bill for that evening are Jah Works and the Kelly Bell Band. Kind of big names, locally. I was really looking forward to it but now I'm finding out that none of my friends can go with me. So I'm not sure whether my participation in this event is going to occur.

In a few weeks, he's playing with The Band at a Swing Dance Society dance. LPP is planning on coming back for this one, and bringing his friend Jesus (pronounced Hey-Zoos...in case there was any confusion), which thrills me to no end because 1)it's LPP, and we all know how I feel about him; and 2)they can both swing dance. So I'm looking forward to that.

I hope we have a sitter lined up.

No comments: