Friday, July 10, 2009

Reality Check from TB

This post is an email my husband sent out yesterday.


Life is short...

....so don't take a minute for granted!

Exactly one week ago my almost 4-year old daughter, SB, woke up at 12:30 w/an acute croup attack (1st one). For a minute or so she really couldn't breathe......we thought we were going to lose her. Then it gradually went away. 911-ambulance-emergency room...the whole nine yards.

Today, my pregnant wife, due in August, was in a car accident on rt. 70 (major highway). While avoiding an accident in front of her, she was forced into a lane where the side of her car was hit by a pickup truck and threw her spinning across the 3 or 4 lane highway. This highway is normally packed w/tractor trailers, etc... She came away with only a stiff neck...and an eight hour, precautionary stay at Howard General.

The last few years I've been trying to appreciate what I have and always keep the big picture in mind. Events like this just make me try to live every day like it's my last.

Everyone who knows me KNOWS that the last thing I am looking for is pity. I'm sharing this so everyone can do a little reality check and remember what is really important.

See pictures below......

TB





3 comments:

Charm City Kim said...

holy crap! Well I'm glad SB and you are okay!

And I don't think my husband would EVER write such a nice e-mail! I love him - but his e-mail would say, "holy crap - kim was in a crazy car accident. Check out the pics!!"

Eludius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eludius said...

Route 70? That drives me nuts! It's Interstate 70. No one says Route 95.

You certainly know that he cares.